Keep up to date with the latest news, events and announcements from your local Practice.
Please do not book a GP appointment or attend your GP practice if you have symptoms associated with coronavirus including a new continuous cough or a high temperature. You, and anyone living in the same house, are advised to stay at home for 14 days.
We are asking for the views of our patients for our proposals to close our branch surgery at Long Causeway, Adel (Adel Surgery). This survey runs from Monday 24 February 2020 until midnight on Sunday 5 April 2020.
The reasons behind our proposal:
- To allow us to bring all our services and resources under one roof and enable us to continue to improve the excellent standard of care we offer our patients.
- To enable us to use our staff more efficiently so that they can see all patients at one site without any need to travel between the two practices.
- To enable us to increase the number of appointments offered at Alwoodley to help accommodate demand.
- Adel Surgery is not fit for the purpose of delivering modern, high quality healthcare and is in need of substantial investment, with a particular need to bring it up to the standards needed to support those with a disability.
- Figures show that Alwoodley patients used Adel Surgery 4676 times and the Alwoodley Surgery 56990 times during the last 12 months and Adel patients have been seen at Alwoodley 5574 times and at the Adel surgery only 4145 times. This shows that a higher percentage of appointments at the Adel site are taken up by patients who are nearer to the Alwoodley site.
- We are rated as ‘Good’ by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). Our proposal would allow us to respond to well documented staffing issues in the NHS so that we can continue to provide the best possible care for our patients.
Find out more about our proposal
Before you share your views, you may want to read through the following:
- Our letter to all households where at least one person is registered to Alwoodley Medical Practice – both our main site and branch surgery at Adel
- Our engagement document which provides more background to our proposal and your options should you choose to register with another neighbouring practice
- Our engagement plan which demonstrates how we’ve taken every opportunity to let people know about our proposal and encouraged you to share your views
Share your views on our proposal
You can share your views in the following ways:
- Complete our online survey: https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/adelsurgery/
- Pick up a printed copy of our survey from either Alwoodley or Adel and post or return the completed form to us
- Come along to one of our public meetings as follows
- Wednesday 25th March 2020, 1800-1900, Alwoodley Medical Centre, Saxon Mount, Leeds, LS17 5DT
- Thursday 2nd April 2020, 1400-1500, The Alwoodley Room, Weetwood hall conference centre.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please remember to share your views before the survey closes at midnight on Sunday 5 April
We are supporting you in trying to prevent the onset of Diabetes.
We have started writing to and sending text messages to patients who are eligible to attend the "National Diabetes Prevention Programme" (NDPP). The NDPP is for people whose blood tests suggest they are at risk of developing diabetes.
- Cases of measles are being seen in Leeds. Increased travel and public gatherings could lead to even more cases. Check you and your family have had 2 MMRs in the past and contact your GP for vaccination if you’re not up to date #ValueofVaccines MMR vaccine
- People in Leeds are being encouraged to check they and their children have had two doses of Measles, Mumps and Rubella MMR vaccine before summer travel #ValueofVaccines MMR vaccine
- Unimmunised children and young adults in #Leeds are at risk of measles, particularly if travelling to parts of Europe where there are large ongoing outbreaks of the disease, or to measles endemic countries. Check that you and your family have had two doses of MMR and contact your GP for vaccination if you’re not up to date #ValueofVaccines MMR vaccine
The quickest and most direct way to get your repeat prescription request to the Doctor is by our online services.
If you haven't already applied for online access you can do so by attending the surgery to complete an application form and providing 2 forms of identification (one photo and one with proof of address). Online medication ordering goes direct to the doctor.
If you are unable to use any of the above methods you can still make your request by post or by attending the surgery.
Page 8 of 9